Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why This Year My Mom is Getting a Gift From WWHI

Written By Jennie Vuich, WWHI Volunteer Stafff

Last year my family didn’t celebrate Mother’s Day. We were too busy mourning the loss of the heart and soul of our family, my grandmother. This amazing woman taught me to be strong,courageous, giving, hopeful, and most importantly to be myself.

She showed me that laughter, especially when shared, can help even in the darkest times. I also learned from her that it’s okay to cry, it makes us human.

I saw from her how to handle everything life throws at you with grace and humility. I still want to be like her when I grow up.

How lucky am I to have someone like that to aspire to? Shouldn’t all girls?

While last year my grief and anger kept me from realizing how fortunate I am to have been able to know my grandmother for 28 years, this year Women’s World Health Initiative is giving me the opportunity to honor her and all she taught me.
My mom will get these flowers and a card and another mother will get to live. What could be a better tribute to the beautiful women who have shaped my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails