Friday, May 11, 2012

"My Mother, My Best Friend"

Name: Raquel
Hometown: Madrid, Spain

Lessons from my mom: "Patience, support, constant love."

My mom was 19 years old when she gave birth to me. She's been my best friend ever since. I’m still amazed when I think of her constant patience, always listening to the stories I have to share. My mom celebrated the excitement of my first kiss and consoled me when that kiss became history. She came with me on that stressful day when I filled out college applications. It's not a coincidence that when I think about an important moment in my life my mom is connected to it. Most importantly, I'm grateful for my mother’s legacy of love for her family. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.

This Mother's Day, honor your mother by changing the life of a mother in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails